We created our soaps with a rustic, country look. They are meant to be used. Save them if you must. You are more than welcome to do so…use them to scent your underwear drawer or your linen closet, set them about in pretty decorative baskets or tins, but our soaps really do their best work in the shower or tub. So go ahead…use it, don’t be afraid….. we’ll make more, we promise! And once you have used them, run back here and tell us how much you love them!
Just because our soaps have a rustic look to them doesn’t mean they don’t feel luxurious on your skin. Our soaps are made using a unique blend of palm, coconut, castor, avocado and olive oils along with shea butter. I created this recipe myself (there is that inner chemist again). We then add local goat’s milk. (Note: Our soaps labelled vegan do not contain milk. These soaps are clearly marked vegan in our store under scent selection.)
Why did you choose those oils? Well, I’m glad you asked. The oils we have chosen to include in our soaps are there for a reason. Each and every oil contributes some important characteristic to your soap and we do not add any oil that does not have a purpose, or to act only as a "filler"oil. Here are some examples:
* Coconut oil makes a nice, hard, long-lasting bar of soap that produces a bubbly lather.
* Palm oil contributes to the hardness of the soap and helps to promote a stable, creamy lather.
* Olive oil acts as a humectant, drawing moisture to your skin and makes a very mild soap.
* Castor oil acts as a humectant and produces a creamy lather.
* Avocado oil is moisturizing & healing; rich in vitamins A and D, proteins, & amino acids.
* Shea Butter benefits those suffering dry skin, dermatitis, sunburns and lots of other skin disorders. It is also well tolerated by the skin, and therefore usually does not trigger off any allergic reactions. This makes it ideal for use by people with sensitive skin.
Not only are our soaps filled with all that goodness for you skin, but our handmade soap bars also retain all the natural glycerin formed during the soap making process. Our soaps clean your skin without stripping the natural oils away. Those with sensitive skin will appreciate the mildness of our handmade soaps, due to the high percentage of olive oil and presence of shea butter. Herbs, natural clays, and mineral pigments are added for texture and coloring and finally, our soaps are scented with pure essential oils or specially formulated soap fragrance oils.
It has been through a natural progression that lotions, Dead Sea mud masks and other bath and body products have been added to our product line. All are all of these new products are handcrafted with the utmost care and diligence. As with our soaps our other handmade bath and body products are all made with high quality ingredients. It is a pleasure to be able to share our products with you.
All of the full-sized soaps (we sell guest sized soap as well) here at The Muddy Moose Bath Boutique are between 4.5-5 ounces. Why the variation you ask? Well, all of our handmade soaps are cut by hand allowing some variances in size. A needle in a hay stack!